Live Oak Middle School
2082 Pennington Road, Live Oak, CA 95953
(530) 695-5443 Fax
Dear Parents and Community Members:
Live Oak Middle School is committed to meeting the needs of the whole child. We offer a well rounded learning experience for children, from our safe and positive environment, to the rigor of our instructional programs. All aspects of our school play a role in providing students with the skills they need to be successful. The strict enforcement of our site discipline policy ensures that students at LOMS are safe. We emphasize responsibility, respect, and pride to promote a constructive learning environment. LOMS is devoted to providing opportunities for success for our students by fostering proactive relations between parents, community in an academic driven environment. Our academic program combines social emotional growth with stringent academic standards to develop well-rounded individuals who are prepared for the future.
The mission of Live Oak Middle School, is to provide a safe and orderly educational environment that considers the intellectual, physical, psychological and social development of its diverse student population, and to develop students who are responsible and enthusiastic learners with the skills, insight, and moral character necessary to excel beyond the 8th grade by providing diverse and challenging educational experiences, cultivating mutual respect and parent involvement in student development, and requiring high expectations and personal goal setting that will carry students through and beyond their high school years.
Programs available to LOMS students
- English Language Arts - At least 90 minutes a day for each student
- Math - At least 90 minutes a day for each student
- Social Science - 45 minutes a day
- Science - 45 minutes a day
- Physical Education - 45 minutes a day
- Music Choir/Band
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Creative Writing
Sports for 7th and 8th grade students
- English Language Development
- Core Access for English Support
- Math Interventions
- After School Math Tutoring
- Girls' Volleyball
- Boys' Flag Football
- Girls' Basketball
- Boys' Soccer
- Girls' Soccer
- Boys' Basketball
- Wrestling in conjunction with the City
Live Oak Middle School Goals
- Increase by 10%, the number of students scoring far below basic, below basic, and basic to the next performance level in all grade levels in reading and mathematics; and the number of advanced and proficient towards 56.8% in reading and 58% in math.
- Increase by 10%, the number of ELD students scoring far below basic, below basic, and basic to the next performance level in ELA; and the number of advanced and proficient towards 56.8%.
Interested in providing snack foods?
Visit the district Nutrition Calculator.